Sunday, November 29, 2009

Belated Thanksgiving thoughts. . .

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone this Thanksgiving weekend. I would like to just make a few quick comments about what I am thankful for this year.

First of all, I am thankful for my husband, who is not only a spouse and lover, but my very best friend.


I am thankful for my extended family. For my mom, dad and brothers, Brian and Matthew. I pray for you daily. For my grandma who is and always will be, my best friend.

To the wonderful company I am a part of: Saint Benedict Press. I am SOO blessed to have been given the opportunity to have this job. I love working with all of these wonderful people and I LOVE having holidays off so I can visit with my family! (Thank you, Frances, for recommending me and Conor, for hiring me.)

To our Lord above and His Holy Mother Church, for loving each of us frail beings. We would all be lost without You.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I'll leave you with these words from my fellow blogger, The Crescat:

http://thecrescat.blogspot.com/


Dear Turkeys; 
I am sorry God made you inferior and flightless. Therefore it is your plight to suffer the fate of being devoured by millions of Americans tomorrow. I apologize in advance for the ravenous way in which myself, my family, and the citizens of this nation will masticate your tender juicy golden browned carcass. 
Love, 
Carnivore Kat
Belated Thanksgiving thoughts. . .SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

  1. LOL at the message to turkeys!

    I'm so glad you are finding yourself blessed in your work, Lauren. May God be glorified!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really am so thankful to you for telling me about this position. Thank you so much! Glad you liked the turkey message, too!

    ReplyDelete